We left our lovely campsite at lake Okaro and headed to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. There are several thermal parks in the Rotarua area and it was hard to pick one to visit. It would have be nice to see them all, but we knew the girls would only enjoy so many geothermal attractions before becoming bored.
This is the Lady Knox Geyser. It was discovered in the early 20th century and named after the daughter of Uchter Knox, the 15th governor of New Zealand. The geyser lets out steam throughout the day, and at 10:15 every morning it erupts after park rangers pour a surfactant into the top.
Not quite as impressive as "Old Faithful" but still exciting to watch erupt. The girls loved it.
The boiling mud pools were my favorite.
A small river with boiling water.
The escape is on!

We hurried the last part of the loop because the girls were getting grumpy and tired. It was hard for me to be quick. I could have stayed the whole afternoon enjoying the scenery and taking photos. This place is so beautiful!
Green Lake was James' favorite.
New Zealand's national emblem, the "Silver Fern."
The girls enjoying their reward for being good.











































Wow! These photos are AMAZING! They look like something you would only see in a magazine. They all look like art pieces in an art gallery! What a cool place to visit too- It's so beautiful! The one of Torah made me laugh because right before I saw it I was thinking to myself "If I was there I bet Camden would want to escape and play in the water"!
ReplyDelete