We were excited to tour one of the Waitomo Glowworm caves! Torah was so tired and she fell asleep just before we entered the caves. She slept for about half of the tour, and when she awakened she was happy to see the glowworms. The cave has an underground river and the tour is given on a raft connected to a rope. You are asked to turn off the light on your helmet once you are on the raft, that way your eyes can adjust to the dark and you can see the glowworms. At first you can barely see the light from the tiny glowworms, but by the time you are in the pitch black for 15 minutes the entire ceiling glows with little blue lights. Addy had a great time and thought the worms looked like stars.
We toured another nearby cave after seeing the glowworms.
I don't remember the name of this waterfall. There are so many gorgeous waterfalls in New Zealand.
Our next stop was Mangapohue Natural Bridge. We were the only people there, and it was one of my favorite stops of our trip. It was so peaceful and lovely. I think that I appreciated it more because our trip was almost over, and I knew that we would all miss having so much time to spend enjoying nature. All of the pictures below were taken at the natural bridge and the loop track back to the carpark.
The silly girl would not let go of the bowl, even after all her snacks were finished.

























No comments:
Post a Comment