Monday, 19 September 2011

Sports Center

Photobucket

Last week Akasha and I decided to try out the Pittsburgh Science Museum's Sports Center and we're both so glad we did because it was amazing! We went during the week instead of the weekend and since school has started again we had the entire place to ourselves.

I was surprised that more than anything else at the sports center the girl's loved the running track. I was surprised because usually when I take Addi on walks we only make it a few blocks before she says she's too tired to move anymore, and she really only runs when she's playing and when I'm chasing her. But with the push of a button for a perky countdown to "On your mark, get set, go!" plus a finish line and a cousin to race with, she kept running and running until we finally told them it was time to go.

She's becoming a bit competitive...Today when she saw me going through the running track pictures she said something along the lines of how she's the fastest and she beat Aspen every time. I responded that they're both good runners and she said, "No mom, I am the fast one." It's the little things like her becoming competitive and her grammar changing from "me fast" to "I am fast" that makes me realize she's really growing up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
They both enjoyed the giant Operation Game.

Photobucket
A serious surgeon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aspen was very eager to try out the trampoline. This cute girl has no fear and never hesitates to try new things.

Photobucket

Adelaide was too scared to try the trampoline until Aspen spent 10 minutes jumping and did several backflips. She must have been impressed with the flips because after watching them she announced she was ready to give it a try.

Photobucket

Looking a little concerned as she is buckled in.

Photobucket

Getting ready to jump.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shy little jumps as she tests it out....

Photobucket

And she loves it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Torah tried it out too! All of the employees were so nice. We loved how sweet and patient they were with our girls.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment